As we get ready for our Linden Hills Book Club Meeting, I wanted to help you prepare by giving you a peak at the questions we will be discussing so you can think about it or look things up that you want to point out during the discussion. (Am I the only one like this?)
The book club discussion will take place on Zoom on Monday 6/7/21 at 7pm EST.
If you still need to purchase Linden Hills,
Now, let’s start this discussion!
Linden Hills Book Club Discussion Questions
1. What is the significance of the direction the neighborhood travels?
2. How do you think this relates to modern day affluence?
3. Let’s discuss the denial of race identity via the characters Xavier and Maxwell. For them it was affluence but let’s talk about that same denial from that and other angles.
4. What do you think about Lester as a Linden Hills resident but still needing to seek odd jobs. Why is this part of his story significant?
5. Willa. There are so many layers to her character. Let’s discuss?
6. Where did the story of Linden Hills start to go wrong in your opinion? Was it with the first Luther or the last? Or somewhere else?
7. Laurel dying says what about living the “dream” in Linden Hills? And her grandmother’s story?
8. Have you read Dante’s inferno? What do you think of the parallels to Linden Hills?
9. The Luther’s continue to be born with the same features despite their mother’s appearance? Except for the last Luther. Why do you think Naylor made that decision?
10. Why do the residents of Tupelo Drive not call the fire department when the Needed house is on fire.
Can’t wait to see you there!